The Hobart Revolver Club, as it was known, was established in 1931. The club went into recess due to the onset of World War 2. It was re-established in 1945 and in 1949 it was renamed the Tasmanian Pistol and Revolver Club.
In 1958 the pistol club shared club rooms and facilities with the Hobart Gun Club at Brighton before moving to our current ranges at Shene Road, Pontville in 1966 where we are still situated today. In 1996, to reflect our interest in rifles, we evolved to become the Tasmanian Pistol and Rifle Club.
TP & RC has hosted National Championships in 1971, 1975, 1984, 1990, 1993 and 2002. TP & RC also had the privelage of hosting the first Australian Masters Games Pistol Competition in 1991.
The TP & RC is a progressive club with an enthusiastic committee, excellent ranges and facilities. The club offers all shooters the opportunity to shoot and compete in a friendly, non judgemental, safe and responsible supervised environment.